I'm pleased to announce release 0.8.0 of Oz. Oz is a program for doing automated installation of guest operating systems with limited input from the user.
Release 0.8.0 is a (long overdue) bugfix and feature release for Oz. Some of the highlights between Oz 0.7.0 and 0.8.0 are:
- Optional virtualenv make target
- Conversion of unittests to py.test
- Replace mkisofs with genisoimage
- Debian package
- Ability to change the root password for Debian installs
- Add unittests for ozutil
- Add some unittests for the Guest object
- SSH tunnel (with SSL vhost) support for local repositories (mostly useful for imagefactory)
- Add a new manpage for oz-examples
- Make the output filename configurable with a command-line option to oz-install
- Monitor both network and disk activity when looking for guest activity
- Support for installing Ubuntu 11.10
- Support for SSL certificates for repositories
- Support for an optional version in the TDL
- Support for installling Mandrake 9.1, 9.2, 10.0, 10.1, 10.2
- Support for installing Mandriva 2006.0, 2007.0, 2008.0
- Support for Ubuntu customization
- Support for installing RHEL 6.2
A tarball of this release is available, as well as packages for Fedora-15. Instructions on how to get and use Oz are available at http://aeolusproject.org/oz.html
If you have any questions or comments about Oz, please feel free to contact email@example.com or me (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release through bug reports, patches, and suggestions for improvement.